2008-09-16

So this is my first entry

Hello to everybody who surfed to this blog by chance, by referral, or by search engine. Let’s introduce myself a little bit……

My name is Carl, 30+, accountant, have a lovely wife and 2 adorable daughters. I love them all and I love music. I play guitar, acoustic or electric either, with my computer. Haha, it’s true. How do I have time to team up with any band mates to jam along?

One day, I think to myself, “I have spent too much money on my hobby. Will they return me anything other than satisfaction ?” Er well, every buck I spent on them are sunk cost. No revenue generated. Just for my enjoyment and satisfaction when I played them. I’m not a wealthy guy. I cannot buy high-end instrument whenever I like, especially when I’m one of the important backbone to my family financially.

I want more from them! I want to make them productive! I don’t want all the money spent are sunk cost! I want them being part of my INVESTMENT!!!

To be honest, by that time, I had only 2 guitars. How can they return me anything in any means? I need find a way out! After surfing many Home Recording web sites, and learnt many skills on using CUBASE, I decided to buy a midi controller – TONEPORT KB37. This is the first thing which I bought with a strong intention in mind, “an investment in MUSIC PRODUCTION”. I bought that merely for MAKING COOL MUSIC!!

I do hope you enjoy your stay in my blog, enjoy the music I made(No content for now, but I hope I can make one at least weekly). Much appreciated if you can drop me a line for a little bit encouragement! I need that. For sure, you are very welcome to shed some light to me if you are an experienced music producer. Much much appreciated!!!!

3 comments:

** OUT OF TRACK 思 想 出 軌 ** said...

This is excellent, Carl. The presentation of blog, the idea, the works - it is perfect to me! I hope you continue with this great works.

You are rewarded with such a beautiful family and life and serenity from God! Just not 'practically' from music, YET. U soon get what u want in short while.

When you get time for books, I hope you'd try out "The Secret". Your blog reminds me of this book, it simply says, Think Hard and u will get what u want. For 'aged' ppl like you and me, I think we know how to get what we want in our life respectively, tho so this book still inspired me a lot on 'how' to. Strongly recommend it to anyone in any age, who wants to find the LIFE's secret!
Whoever read this, should maintain with solid background and knowledge with God as well.

** OUT OF TRACK 思 想 出 軌 ** said...

hey, any sample of your work on guitar? we love to hear that. Actually i tried to play a wood guitar 10 yrs ago but failed.....i love the sound of guitar very much indeed. Not sure you watch the movie of CROW, the actor Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee's son) who played several tracks of E. guitar in the movie and those are fantastic. I've the soundtrack and will try to upload that to share with you if u want :)

ED

Carl Wong said...

Dear Jane and Edgar,

Thanks for you two's encouragement!

You can listen a bit of my guitar playing. Just press on "Carl @ Humtoo.com". I had created a piece out there with electric guitar.

Enjoy!
Carl

A Guitarist's Blog

....end of this page